In this Absolute Beginner Spanish course you will start your journey into Spanish. If you know absolutely nothing or in any case you can’t have the most basic interaction, that’s going to change soon. You’re in the right place!
According to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, this is the A1 level. Once you’ve gone through the course, you will be able to do the following:
- Read a text written in Spanish with a decent enough pronunciation so a native speaker would understand you.
- Introduce yourself and others and ask questions such as where someone lives, what they do for a living, what they enjoy doing in their free time, etc.
- Understand and use everyday expressions and basic phrases so you can have easy interactions.
- Have primary real-life interactions (traveling, shopping, ordering…) as long as the other person sticks to a predictable pattern of conversation and talks slowly with simple vocabulary and grammar.
If this feels reasonable, let’s begin!
- Reading Spanish
- Asking what you don’t know
- Subject pronouns
- Verbs: infinitive and present tense
- Vocabulary: aficiones, hobbies
- Verbs to be and to have: ser y tener
- Nouns: genders and plurals
- Numbers from 0 to 100
- Pronominal verbs
- Vocabulary: personal information
- Intentions and objectives
- Irregular diphthongized present
More lessons coming (almost) weekly! ¡Gracias por la paciencia!